Monday, March 21, 2011

Bars

Bars, no not monkey bars!  I am talking about home bars or liquor cabinets.
Do you have a bar?  
We don't have a typical bar, one with a counter, stools, sink and ice box.  We have an old cupboard turned into a bar.

I love this old pie safe my father-in-law gave to me.  It is missing its doors, but I don't mind.  The crusty paint is just my style!  I love looking at it.


This "bar" sits in our dinning room just off of the kitchen.  So it is not far from the sink and refrigerator.  I keep our alcohol on it and it is great when we have friends over.

We do not drink a lot, but I do like a cocktail every now and again.


I usually keep a few types of alcohol on hand at all times, wine, vodka, rum and whisky.  This is just in case friends stop over or I am in the mood for something good!



I also keep beverages like, ginger ale, soda water, tonic and coke on hand.



Now if I am having a party I will by other liquors, gin, triple sec, bitters, vermuth and tequila. I will also have juice on hand and lemons and limes then people can then make their own drinks if they want.





You should also have "tools" at the ready for the drinks to be made....
jigger
spoon
cork screw
bottle opener
strainer
etc.


I found these vintage tools at an antique store, they are so cute.



You can turn the handle on them and it brings up recipes for drinks.  They are from the 40's, so some are drinks I have never heard of......

kangaroo
boomerang
blue monday


I also have a shaker with recipes on it that are a little more current.


I have been making fun bottle stoppers for my bar and my etsy store.

Check etsy later this week to see more.

Do you have a "bar" in your home?  or am I just a lush???







2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog by way of Miss Mustard Seed. I love this idea, so neat, and love the old chippy cabinet. I have an old cabinet I have also been wanting to do this to. I need to find the wine bottle rack you have on the bottom of this cabinet. Where did you find yours?
    Cheryl - chrylvictor@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!

    I'm just loving this piece! What a great functional AND beautiful piece.

    Sometimes you run across dressers that are missing drawers or not functioning properly. This is a great way to re-purpose those into a great place to shake up a martini.

    Love all your accents. Everything works together so beautifully.

    So glad I cam by.

    Cori
    Starview Sonnet

    ReplyDelete