Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall

It is that time of year for us here in Utah.  The time when we begin decorating for fall.  The time of year when it is brisk in the morning and warm in the day.  

One thing I do love about Utah is the seasons.  

I have an inexpensive way to get your fall decor started.  It is a maple leaf wreath, say that 10 times fast. lol

We do not have a lot of maple trees here and if we do they are small, because we live in a desert and they grow really slow.  
So I found these great tissue paper leaves at the dollar store, they look so real.  They come in a 10 pack (they also had oak leaves).




I had a grape vine wreath in the garage.  So that was free yay!


 I bought 10 packs of leaves, so I had 100 leaves total.  
I stuck the stems through the grape vine and bent them down on the back, easy peasy.  I think it took me 30 minutes to complete the whole thing.

Once the leaves were placed, I just primped them and bent them till they looked right.


I love how it turned out and it has already brought fall into the house!!!



I am linking up to 

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Hopped oveer from Honey 2805. What a nice surprise to see that I found a fellow Utahn. I live in Alpine. I too love the change of Seasons. I have just finished decorating my home for Fall. I love the brillant reds, oranges, and yellows. The only dread I have for Fall is that Winter will soon follow. Love the beautiful snow, but the older I get, the less I like the cold. Your wreath turned out great. Gotta love that $ store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really terrific. They look like real leaves. Some of them can look so fake, where did you get them? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wreath--it looks real! I love fall; finding some inspiration from your blog; have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome wreath, I just love it to pieces.
    Happy Fall
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath is just terrific and the leaves look so real! I like the natural look it has!

    Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday. I appreciated your participation. Sorry I'm so tardy in commenting, but I've been away for the past four days. Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful! Great wreath! Thank you for linking it up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete