Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Big or small?

I have what some people would call a big house.

It has many rooms and enough spaces to do everything, it is 4,200 sq. ft.  I am not telling you this because I want to brag.  I am telling you this because, well because it is truly overwhelming.

I love this house, we bought it 7 years ago.  When we bought it, we knew that there was work to be done, but that it was not a lot, mainly cosmetic stuff.
But as time went on, we realized there were a lot of things that we wanted to do to make it more *us*.

So for 7 years we have been slaves stewards to this house, changing it little by little.   
We usually do what we can when we can. We save and tackle and save and tackle.  We have made huge progress, but still have many, many things to do. 

I also get very overwhelmed by the amount of housework I have to do.  Somedays it is impossible.  I have to break it down by rooms, because if I try to do the same task in every room, say like vacuuming, then there will never be a room that is totally clean.  
*I do have three children, a husband, two dogs and two cats*.

So it is times like these that I dream of living in a small house, like this:


Ok, ok maybe not this small, well maybe........


So as I write more on this blog I will try to show before and after pictures.  We don't have a lot of before, I always forget to take them, but we do have afters and like I said we still have plenty of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment