Thursday, January 19, 2012

Table Top

We have had this sideboard for years.  My mother-in-law gave it to us when she was getting rid of a bunch of furniture.  It needed a bit of work when we got it, one of it's legs was broken, it was missing a center piece of wood, the handles were missing or broken and the veneer was peeling from the top.  We fixed the leg and center piece of wood, I bought new handles for it from Pottery Barn and we put a marble top on it.  I love how it looks now and we have it sitting in our front room.  I store candles, pillow covers and some accessories in it. I wanted to share how I have the top decorated, well at this moment anyway.  It changes all the time.



I made the lamp from a rusty old wind turbine roof vent that I got at the salvage yard.  You saw me make the mirror here.  The other mirror is an antique I found in a second hand shop.




   

I made the welcome sign from an old door.






The log has tiny conks growing on it and the ironstone pitcher is holding a few fern leaves.






The cloche sits on an old column base and an amazing birdhouse, that my sister makes for my Etsy shop, sits inside.


I love how fresh this looks for the New Year, but that could change!  I am fickle like that.  ; )

1 comment: