Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tuesday Tip-Hooks

I use hooks all over my home, I find them very useful.  
They are easy, especially for small children, strong and look great even when they are empty.  
I use standard hooks, knobs as hooks, and make my own hooks.  Almost every room in my house has hooks for something or another.

Here are vintage coat wire hooks that we use in our mud room.  They are easy and quick, perfect for busy children.  I have them screwed into wood planks to make them stronger.  We use them for coats, bags, backpacks, hats, you name it.



I have standard hooks in all the bathrooms for towels.  I find that my children have a much easier time hanging towels on hooks than they do folding a towel to hang on a bar.


We do not have a coat closet for guests, so guess what?  I have hooks!  Well these "hooks" are actually old door knobs that I put on an old piece of molding.  It is practical and it looks great when nothing is hanging on it.  Sort of a piece of art.



The laundry room has hooks also, they are so useful.  I dry clothes on them, they hold cleaning tools, I put hung clothes on them and they are great to display my favorite clothes pin holder, a baby dress.



If you read this blog you know that I have them in my hall to hang photos on too.



They are in the bedrooms, to hold goodies that look great and are sentimental.


















Lets just say I can not find anything bad about hooks!  The are soooo useful and practical, I'm hooked!  
Ok, that was so lame sorry I could not help myself. heeheehee

1 comment:

  1. Melanie,

    I am so happy to know of your blog! I am now a follower! Leslie :)

    ReplyDelete